30 juni 2014

Cameo/Silhouette tutorial for Amanda Robinson Studio

This is my last project as a GDT for Amanda Robinson Studio. It was a fun assignment and I hope to get the chance to be back as a guest designer at a later time :)

I decided to use Amanda Robinson Studio Family words ‘Together’ as the title but I wanted the text to pop so I needed to cut the word twice in different sizes. This is one very easy way to create that shadow effect and make the title pop.
 1) First decide what size you want the word.
 2) Select the word and open the offset window


3) Choose the offset button and choose the size of the offset. I chose 0.117 in.


4) Now select the ”shadow” and drag it outside the word.



5) It is now ready to cut. Use different colors of the word an the shadow to make it pop.
6) Now lets take a look at the actual layout. I decided to make an artsy page with gesso, texture paste and lots of colour. I started by adding Modelling paste to the background using a stencil.


7) After I had dried that layer, I put a thin layer of gesso on top.



8) Now the fun begins. Add lots of mist and water to make an artsy happy background like this.



9) Dry and decorate. I used the Amanda Robinson Studio Circle background as a photo mat and then the Amanda Robinson Studio Family words as the title. Just adding a few stars and then the page is ready.



I have used the following cutting files from Amanda Robinson Studio:

Circle backgrounds cutting file:

Family Love Word Art Set:




1 kommentar:

Anna sa...

Wow, vad snygg! Måste testa det där med flera medium ovanpå varandra!!!